Procedures For Flyer Distribution to Families
Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
• Visit www.peachjar.com
• Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
• Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Flyer Approval Guidelines
Flyers made available to AISD schools and students shall meet the following criteria:
- Be directed to students
- Be age-appropriate
- Come from an agency or group that is a local, not-for-profit, tax-exempt entity (charitable, educational, registered non-profit, governmental etc.) or non-income generating community group or individual.
- Include contact information - a telephone number, Website link, and/or email address for further information.
- If the paper version includes a form to be completed and returned by the family, instructions for where to return the form as well as the organization’s address must be clearly visible.
- Include the following disclaimer:
”Your Organization Name is a non-profit organization. Anna ISD has approved this information for distribution through its schools. The district does not, however, assume responsibility or supervise this non-school sponsored activity or event.”
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Come from a self-employed individual/contractor consultant or for-profit entity seeking to advertise or recruit participants/customers in connection with the service, activity or product offered by the person/entity.
- Solicit participation in or support for an activity which is sponsored by a company or for-profit entity seeking to advertise a product or service or encourage the purchase or use of a product or service (a ‘free seminar, ‘free trial offers')
- Include raffles or fundraisers seeking to sell products.
- Include any activity, product or service that is generally open to the public at large as an income-generating or for-profit business activity.
- Include any activity that is not specifically for school-age students.
- Solicit participation in research or related activities.