Greetings and welcome to the Guidance and Counseling office for Sue Evelyn Rattan Elementary. My name is Megan Massey and I am your child’s guidance counselor.
The Guidance and Counseling office offers a variety of services to our students:
•Character Education/Guidance Lessons
•Social Emotional Lessons
I am able to help students with:
* Promoting positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers and community.
* Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
*Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as decision making, resolving conflict and respecting others.
* Working with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs and to design interventions to enhance student success.
* Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
* Providing support during a personal crisis.
* Coordinating referrals to outside agencies.
* Developing student career awareness.
* Helping to create a safe and positive learning experience.
GROWING UP ISN'T EASY! HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT CAN BE DISCUSSED DURING COUNSELING:
* Making friends
* Liking myself
* Getting along with others
* Parents' divorce
* Being a "new kid"
* Learning and responsibility
* Death and dying
* Moving away
* Being honest
* College/Career Readiness
It is our goal to make our campus a “home away from home” for your child. We thrive on the family atmosphere that we foster here at Rattan and want your child to feel safe and happy under our care. My philosophy is that if we nurture the heart, the mind will follow.
If you ever have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Email is the fastest and most convenient way to reach me, but you are welcome to call as well.
I look forward to a wonderful year serving you and your child!
Contact the Guidance Counselor
I look forward to getting to know many more families here at Rattan. If you every have any questions please email me at email@example.com or call me at 972-924-1400 ext 1412.
Have a great day!
Megan Massey, LMSW