Regular school attendance is essential for a student to make the most of their education—to benefit from teacher-led and school activities, to build each day’s learning on the previous day’s, and to grow as an individual. Absences from class may seriously disrupt a student’s mastery of the instructional materials; therefore, the student and parent should make every effort to avoid unnecessary absences.
Students may receive a total of four (4) excused absences each semester from a parent/guardian, by submitting the Report an Absence Form.
Please upload supporting documentation from your medical provider in the Report an Absence Form.
- When should I report my child's absence?
- How do I report my child's absence?
- How many excused absences is my child allowed?
- What is considered an "excused" absence?
- Do I need to submit my child's medical note?
- What if my child misses part of the day for a medical appointment?
- What if my child is absent for 3 or more consecutive days?