Special Education Records
SPECIAL EDUCATION RECORDS REQUESTS
Current Student Records Request
Parents, legal guardians, and/or adult students may request special education records electronically by completing and returning the Special Education Records Request form found at the link below. (Note: If you are the parent of an adult student, you must either provide proof of guardianship or have your adult child sign the form. Please know that records requests are processed as soon as possible; the typical processing time is one to three weeks, well under the 45 days allowed by law.)
To Request Records:
- Click here for the Special Education Records Request Form
- Print, complete the form in its entirety, and sign.
- By returning the signed form to us, you are formally requesting records.
- You may submit the request by:
- hand delivering or mailing to:
- Anna ISD Special Education Department, Attention: Administrative Assistant, 501 South Sherley, Anna, Texas 75409
- faxing to 972-924-1003; or
- scanning and sending the form as an email attachment to:
Please submit a Trex requesting SPED records.
For SPED records only, submit the Trex to our Special Prog Ctr Campus.
If a Trex has been submitted, you can also email Diana Olson for additional information.
For any additional information regarding records requests, please contact:
- Diana Olsen – Records requests, TREX requests, and SSI forms
Notice of Records Destruction
Attention Parents/Guardians, Former Students, Eligible (Adult) Students:
The retention period for Special Education records that have been collected by Anna ISD related to the identification, evaluation, educational placement or the provision of Special Education in the district is: cessation of services plus 5 years. Special Education services end when the student no longer is eligible for services, graduates, completes his or her educational program, or moves from the district.
This notification is to inform parents/guardians and former students of AISD's intent to destroy the Special Education records of students who are no longer receiving Special Education Services as of the end of 2016-2017 school year or years prior. These records were destroyed on August 1, 2022 in accordance with state law unless the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) students notifies the school district otherwise.