Welcome to the Anna Band!
The band experience is a seven-year journey that begins in 6th grade. Through excellence in teaching and practice, the Anna Bands combine hard work, discipline, and fun to create quality music performances that positively contribute to the Anna ISD community and beyond. We strive to instill a strong work ethic by teaching the importance of responsibility, hard work, effective communication skills, and leadership to equip our students to be successful in band and life.
Students are taught how to read and understand fundamental music aspects of their instrument and the full band setting. The Anna ISD Bands provide a wide variety of musical growth and performance opportunities for our students through each campus band program.
Here are some of the performance opportunities we offer annually to our Anna ISD band students:
- Concert Band Performances in the Fall, Winter, and Spring (full band)
- High School Marching Band (all high school band students and color guard)
- All Region Band Auditions (individual)
- Solo & Ensemble Competitions (individual and small group)
- UIL Concert & Sight Reading Competitions (full band)
- Spring Festivals (full band)
- Jazz Band (small ensemble & secondary instrument)
- Percussion Ensemble (percussive arts – small group)
- Private Lessons (1:1 student & pro musician)
- Color Guard (visual performing athletic art)
Please connect with our band program by joining our Anna High School Band Boosters Facebook page and contacting your student’s band director via Schoology or email.