Prekindergarten in Anna ISD
Anna ISD educates eligible 4-year-olds in full-day Prekindergarten.
Each spring, Anna ISD hosts Prekindergarten Round-up to register students entering prekindergarten the following school year. To attend prekindergarten, students must be four years of age or older on or before September 1.
This early registration process gives parents information to ease the transition into prekindergarten and assists the District in planning for enrollment growth and staffing needs. Please take advantage of this opportunity to register your child!
To determine eligibility, refer to the criteria below or contact the campus registrar at the Anna Education Center.
Pre-K Eligibility Requirements
Anna ISD offers Pre-Kindergarten to students who are at least 4 years old by September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Child may be non-English or Limited English Proficient (subject to testing)
- Child may be eligible based on income (must meet free/reduced lunch eligibility guidelines)
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.S. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, or either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- Be the child of an armed forces member who was injured or killed while on active duty
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
Gather Required Pre-K Documents
In addition to basic information about your child, please bring the following documents with you to enroll your child:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency
- Parent's Driver's License
- Income Verification (if qualifying based on income) such as:
- Last two months of household's income
- Paychecks or a notarized letter from employer stating gross wages and how often paid
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program (SNAP) benefits letter
- Department of Defense Identification (if qualifying based on the military)
- A letter documenting conservatorship by the DFPS (if qualifying based on foster placement)
- Star of Texas Award Certification